If we can classify love then there is a process to describe love. The psychology of stages of love. We do not necessarily go from one stage to another most often we jump to the next stages skipping the others. It is said that to have a smooth sailing relationship it is ideal to go through each stage. But if you are willing and capable to risk and jump to the waves then by all means enjoy your love boat ride.
1. Attention – Of all the people around you there would be a special one that would stand out the crowd and catch your attention. How did that person attract your attention and how did you attract that person’s attention? If you want to catch a person’s attention you put your best foot forward, have a balance between emotional and intellectual goals. Here potential partners enjoy each other’s positive traits. Then you would decide whether to see each other again.
2. Inclusion – You have been together for several times already. At this point you know where your partner works, what your partner does, what type of friends your partner has, how many siblings your partner has, if your partner likes pets. Slowly you enter into each other’s life and discover each other while still in the honeymoon stage.
3. Affection – You are crossing beyond the honeymoon stage and begin to see each other’s imperfection, differences and flaws. Despite of it all you do not want to loose your partner.
4. Trust – It is an essential part of a lasing relationship. This is when trust on feelings, material belongings and self is shared between partners. At this point you should check your emotional and intellectual goals with your partner. Is your partner a priority in your life? Are you priority in your partner’s life?
5. Caring – This when partners begin to get ready to live with each other and people around them can see it. This is when you feel devastated to loose your partner’s love. At this stage commitment phobes go away and leave the relationship, they are not ready for the possible next stage.
6. Commitment with Passion – Extreme confidence and security have developed. You are each other’s focus and priority.
7. Partnership – You begin to change roles sharing life together. You realize your future together, family planning and financial sharing.